Who We Are
The Hills Music Academy (HMA) is a non-profit, community-based organisation that develops and showcases musical talent of all ages in the Hills and surrounding districts of western Sydney. HMA has a strong social element so members have a lot of fun while making great music together.
HMA is led by musical director Garry Clark and comprises a Senior Concert Band for senior levels, and a Concert Band for the younger talents. Members range from 12 years in age to retired, and all newcomers are welcome to sit in and play. The repertoire is diverse; the bands perform everything from marches, to hymns, jazz, golden oldies and even hit singles from the pop charts.
What We Do
HMA performs at many musical, civic, community and charity functions throughout the year:
• Yamaha Music Festival
• State Bands Championships
• National Bands Championships
• Community Concerts
Civic and Community Performance
• Citizenship ceremonies
• Kings Langley Fair
• Orange Blossom Festival Gala Concert
• Bella Vista Christmas Carols
• Hills Relay For Life
Membership is open to players with at least three years of playing experience and up to around grade 5 AMEB standard.
Senior Concert Band
This band is HMA's main performance ensemble. Membership is open to all players around grade 5 AMEB standard or above, depending on instrument vacancies.
We ask our members for a high level of commitment to practice and attendance at rehearsals as well as performances.
Rehearsals and Fees
Rehearsals run on Friday evenings during school terms:
• Concert Band - 6:00pm to 7:30pm
• Senior Concert Band - 7:30pm to 9:30pm
Rehearsals are held at Stamford Hall, Balcombe Heights Estate:
• Address - 92 Seven Hills Road, Baulkham Hills
• Entry to the estate is location at the intersection of Seven Hills Road and Jasper Road
Fees for the Hills Music Academy Concert Bands are as follows:
• Concert Band - $50 per school term
• Senior Concert Band - $50 per school term ($40 per school term for self-supporting students)